Chocolate Chip Nutty Pound Cake
1 stick butter 1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups sugar 1/2 salt
1 (8 oz) cream cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla
6 eggs 1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup peanut flour 1/2 cup Hershey’s
- Cream butter, shortening and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate syrup.
- Combine flour, soda and salt-add to creamed mixture stirring just until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours
- Cool in pan for 10-15 min.
- Remove from pan.
- Use favorite icing if desired
Recipe created and prepared by Nabila Covington of Nabila’s Garden Restaurant, Inc. 201 S. Main St., Fitzgerald, Ga 31750