Nutty Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 stick butter 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup shortening 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (8oz) cream cheese 1 cup chopped peanuts
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup peanut flour
- Cream butter, shortening , and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, soda and salt: add to creamed mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes
- Remove from pan.
- Use your favorite icing, if desired.